Operations Practice – All Disciplines | Plant Asset Management
- Are procedures or standards involved in defining the safe operating envelope?
- How are safe operating parameters and limits collated and communicated to operations staff?
- Are the implications of operating outside of the safe operating envelope clearly understood?
- How are key operational data recorded and compared against safe limits?
- How are excursions outside of the safe operating envelope communicated to others? To whom the communicated?
- Does the facility have a full set of operating procedures? Do these make reference to safe operating limits?
- Is there a procedure for the management of shift handovers?
- What approach is used to determine isolation procedures?
- What procedure is used for identification and access to locked valves?
- What procedures are used for equipment mothballing or long-term isolations?
- What arrangements are in place for sampling and analysis of process fluids?
- What procedures are applied to ensure that air does not enter the venting and flare system(s)?
- What corrosion control systems are used (e.g., corrosion inhibitors, cathodic protection, coatings, etc.)?
- Are operating records available for:
-Accidental release/leak/equipment failure
15. Modifications to process, feed/product material, equipment being verified?
16. Control of incoming (materials, parts) clearly defined?
-Product spec in purchase order?
-Traceability of incoming materials?
-Incoming storage, location lay out availability?
-Entrance checking correctly done?
-Control tool/testing equipment calibrated?
-Periodic process audit of subcontractors?
17. Work instructions and control instructions are simple and clear, availability and visibility?
18. Is training of operator defined and done?
19. Are drawings (PFD, P&ID, ISO, Equipment), data sheet, and standard in latest version?
20. How is effectiveness of the corrosion control systems monitored?