WELDING PROCEDURE QUALIFICATION SPECIFICATION
(1) Select welding variables.
(2) Check equipment and materials for suitability ..
(3) Monitor weld joint fit up as well as actual welding, recording all important variables and observations.
(4) Select, identify and remove required test specimens.
(5) Test and evaluate specimens.
(6) Review test results for compliance with applicable code requirements.
(7) Release approved procedure for production.
(8) Qualify individual welders in accordance with this specification.
(9) Monitor the use of that procedure during production to assure that it continues to produce satisfactory results.